Monday, August 4, 2008

Moving States, New Jobs, New School, New House etc.

Well, it has been a ridicolously long time since posting, but alas, I have been busy.
Alex and I both started our new jobs on June 9th. Some saintly women from the Fout family (Grandma Karen and Aunt Jen) helped us out and watched James until he could start day care on June 30th. We have both had adjustment times at work. My work is very challenging on an intellectual level, but I am really enjoying it. Alex had to get his new account into shape and drivers into line, but he has done so, and things have calmed down for him too.

July 4th James and I went to the trailer, and well, some weekends are best left untalked about. Nothing bad happened, it was just a little more stressful than I bargained for. That being said, it was great to see my cousins and their kids.

The rest of July was spent working and being lazy on the weekends. When you are livng in an apartment (something we have not done in a while) there is a whole lot less to do "around the house" on the weekends. So, we did not do much. I did go to Ohio the last weekend in July and went to the Irish Fest with Anne and saw one of our favorite bands Gaelic Storm. It was fun, but really hot! I have to admit, Irish Fests do lose something when you can't drink.


So, while I did not write at all in July it was because there was not much going on in apartment living. Overall, apartment living was not for us and we are happy to report that as of this past Saturday, August 2nd, apartment living came to an end.

We are also happy to report that we no longer own the house in Kansas! We were very fortunate in that we only had a 15 day overlap in homeownerships. We closed on the house here on July 15th and the house in Kansas closed on July 30th. As you can imagine, this was a HUGE relief. The stress in our household went way down knowing that was done and we were not going to be paying a double mortgage.

So, we are in the house, with only the stuff we brought for the apartment. It looks pretty barren, but I am already enjoying my new kitchen. The rest of our household goods (163 boxes plus furniture) is supposed to arrive tomorrow in between 10:00 and noon. So, that should be fun.

James is loving the new house, he has a sand box and swing set and run of the house, no more small apartment! He is so much happier, it is amazing. He has been having a hard time adjusting to day care, or at least he has a problem in the morning when I drop him off. He does not shake off, I am told, until usually about half hour to 45 minutes after I leave, but when I a pick him up, he seems happy. However, I am hoping the mornings will get better soon, especially since he already seems so much happier in the house.

So, that is what is going on with us. I will try to post more often again, but that is a quick summary of our summer!

No comments:


I love cupcakes

Heavy Reading for a One Year Old