Wednesday, August 29, 2007

New Words- James Report

James is adding to his vocabulary!
We can now say "ow" which means "cow"
"at" means "hat", I only know this because he pointed at the cat in the hat last night said "at" and tapped his head.
"boc" means block and box, several times we have opened the pantry door and stated "boc, boc, boc" as he pointed at all the boxes.
"oc" means sock (i think)
"k" is drink.
and every else is doggy or duck! He has really got his "D" down!

James has also started eating with a fork and spoon (kind of). He is actually quite successful with the fork, and he has taken to eating all of my strawberries.

Finally, James is also addicted to cheerios, like any good toddler. The other evening, I had a handful of cheerios on the kitchen table for him. However, James knows the cheerios are in the pantry. So, James went to the pantry, squatted down to be eye level with the Cheerios and stared at them. I would tell him I have the cheerios, he would run over and get some from me, then run back to the pantry to again stare at the cheerios. He did this for about five minutes, until we closed the pantry door, which was welcomed with a temper tantrum (which if you have been on the phone with me, you know are quite famous).

Thatis all the new stuff with James. Alex and I are saying all of our words just fine and have managed to kick the cheerios for some years now. Not much to report for us, going to work and watching James!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Funny! I particularly like that when in doubt call something a dog or a duck or just a D... :)


I love cupcakes

Heavy Reading for a One Year Old