Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ode to the Belly Band

For those of you who have been recently pregnant (Sarah), you will remember your constant battle to keep you pants up. Yes, they have these wonderful maternity clothes these days, but your really can't keep those pants up on your stomach. First, it is not comfortable and second, they just don't want to stay there. Then, there is the problem with the fact that since everything is all out of place, pants fit differently and your behind does not feel like keeping up the slack and keeping those pants up. So, you are left with constantly pulling those pants up...well no more! I have discovered the BELLY BAND.

Sick of my constant struggle to keep my pants up, I went to Motherhood Maternity in search for a belt. Alas, they don't make belts for maternity clothes (how does that make sense), anyway, the very nice clerk told me they did not have belts, but they did have the "belly band". She said you wear it and pull it down over your waist band and it would keep your pants up. I was skeptical, but she encouraged me to try it on and see. I took her advice and tried it on. I bought it and walked out of the store with on, pulled down over my jeans.

Since owning the belly band (essentialy two to three weeks) I have had it on almost every day. The belly band is simply a piece of nylon, with elastic on the top and bottom. It stays up nicely on your abadomen, without cutting into you, and you pull down the other end over the waist of your pants, and you are actually not pulling up on those pants any more, they are staying put! Now, admittedly, you sometimes have to pull down that belly band when you stand up, but trust me, it is much more graceful then shimmying those hips to get those pants back up again. So, for those of you that have been in my position and or will be in the future, I recommend the belly band!

3 comments:

Alice said...

I do believe that Sarah had one. We just had knit panels in the front of our pants back in the dark ages. I don't remember having so much trouble keeping them up! LOL
Glad you found a solution.

Anonymous said...

Hear hear - love to the belly band! It comes in handy at the beginning (when your "regular" pants don't quite fit but you're not in maternity yet), and then again towards the end, when there is absolutely nothing that will keep those babies up. And it's also nice if your shirt tends to ride up a little bit, because it looks like you've got a camisole on. :)

Jenna said...

I think I bought Sarah one of hers when she was pregnant because I had read such great reviews of them. Glad it is working well for you... you should post pictures of the growing belly (I mean baby)!


I love cupcakes

Heavy Reading for a One Year Old