Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's going to be a while...

So, I finally heard from DFAS, mainly because I messed up some of the forms I completed and had to fix them. I also had to do the fingerprint card AGAIN, because I had completed it on the wrong card. So, that was fun. However, it did give me a chance to ask how long the background investigation would take, and I was told that "he has seen them come back within 45 days, but sometimes it can take up to a year." Now, I don't think it is going to take a year, but it is going to be a while.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I don't really remember how mine worked, but I'm certain it wasn't a year. I never would have lasted another year in probation!! :) I think that they will probably do a "temporary clearance," and as long as you have no criminal past as an adult, and no record of anti-government actions I think you should be just fine. I say the squeaky wheel gets greased first, so if you haven't heard anything by Friday, call your HR rep again! :)


I love cupcakes

Heavy Reading for a One Year Old