Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lame Duck

Well, I am officially in a lame duck position and bored to tears. After giving notice, I have been wrapping up my open files. The problem is, I did not have that many open files and it is certainly not taking me a full ten days to place status memos in these files. I am also of course not getting any work, with a couple of exceptions. Furthermore,my complete lack of energy has also not motivated me to ask for any short term projects. So, I have admittedly been sitting here looking at houses on the Internet, for lack of anything better to do.

As the houses go, Alex and I have picked out some houses I definitely will look at in Carmel. There are also a couple in Fishers that are nice. Finally, we actually saw one in Fortville, along the Geist Resovoir which is nice, it even comes with a deeded boat dock, which could be fun. This is still in the Hamilton Southeastern school district, but it appears that there is alot of annexing and redistricting going around along there, so we shall see.

The news on our house is not much. The painters powerwashed it yesterday. As I was driving home I was wondering if I would be able to tell if they powerwashed it or not. When I drove up, there was no question. It looked like we lived in a hovel. They were going to attempt to work today, but there has been alot of rain, so I am not sure what they got done. They are also apparently going to work on Saturday to try and get it done. It is only a two person crew (husband and wife), but once the weather breaks, it should not take long to complete. The goal is to have the house in the market by next Friday!

I am going to the doctor tomorrow for my first prenatal visit. I am very apprehensive this time around, of course knowing what can happen. I think, for peace of mind, I may ask the doctor to be seen again in a couple of weeks, instead of waiting the full four weeks before another check-up. I am not sure what dates the doctor is going to give me, but according to babycenter.com I am approximately 6 weeks pregnant. I lost the last one at nine, so I am probably going to remain pretty nervous for a while. In the end though, there is nothing I can do except to take of myself and put my faith in God and let him/her decide how this one is supposed to turn out.

Ok, well that wasted some time. I hope all of my readers are doing well.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

We are doing well! A little bit of blogging at work isn't so bad... especially if you've given your two week notice. If there are houses that you're really interested in, let me know! I'd love to look at them online too... also, have you chosen a realtor in the Indy area yet?


I love cupcakes

Heavy Reading for a One Year Old