Monday, April 7, 2008

Shortly after crossing the Rubicon I got a surprise

My little surprise came in the form of a positive pregnancy test. Alex and I are very excited, but of course apprehensive as well. After last time, we are attempting to hold back our enthusiasm. I go to the doctor on Friday afternoon. It is difficult to say how far along I am, but probably in the four to six week range. This obviously brings a new dilemma with my new employer, but again, we will remain in a wait and see pattern for now.

In other news...Alex and I worked very efficiently this weekend to get the house ready for market. The only major rooms to completed are the basement and office. Alex will be working from home on Tuesday to work on these, so hopefully, it will be ready soon. They are supposed to start painting the outside of the house this week, but it is also supposed to rain all week, so we shall what happens there.

Alex and I have also continued to look at houses on-line. We have broadened our search to Fishers, but, this may not be ideally located for Alex. It turns out that two of the three J.B. Hunt accounts are located in Lebanon and Plainsfield, so going further East to my work, may not be best for Alex and his work. We think we have plenty of options in both Carmel and Fishers, and are excited about getting a new place, but that will not happen until our current home sells. All of this means, I may be looking at apartments, instead of homes. Only time will tell.

3 comments:

JayD said...

If you are willing to drive to work I have heard good things about Avon and Brownsburg on the west side (nearer both Lebanon and Plainfield) but on the other hand no place in the Indy area is all that far apart.
Congrats on your surprise (I think :-)

Alice said...

Even Zionsville would work for you and they are the other silver star school on the north side.

Jenna said...

I have a friend in Brownsburg if you want her e-mail address (Alaina from Conner... you met her, didn't you at Christmas this year? She is the one with the two adopted sons, about James' age.


I love cupcakes

Heavy Reading for a One Year Old