Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Updates

Well, I have meaning to post since Friday, but just got busy.
Baby Update:

I went to my first pre-natal visit on Friday. My doctor is currently on maternity leave, so I got to see somone else. He was great though. Things seem to be ok so far. I am currently seven weeks along and my tentative due date is December 1st. Fortunately, the doctor had a plan in place since I miscarried relatively recently. The first thing he did was to give me a prescription of proestrogen, which is the pregnancy hormone. He indicated he would check my levels, but to start the medication anyway. Furthermore, since I am seven weeks this week, I will be getting a sonogram to see if we can see heartbeat. And finally, given my apprhension the doctor agreed to see me in two weeks, instead of making me wait a full four weeks to be seen again, which gives me a certain amount of relief. So, right now, I have a songoram on April 17th at 4:00 central time. My next doctor's appointment is April 29th. I did get my lab report back and it turns out my levels are fine. They apparently look for something at 15 and mine was at 17.5. The doctor told me if the levels were good this was a pretty good indicator that the pregnancy would be fine. However, I do not know what they were last time, so I am still nervous. I am looking forward to and am very nervous about the sonogram on the 17th.

Indy Update:

We are just about all set for our trip to Indy this weekend. I have set up the appointment with the realtor to look at about 8 houses on Sunday. We are getting an early start at 9:30. Aunt Jen and Aunt Anne are both coming into town and have agreed to take their nephew on a jaunt to the Indianapolis Children's Museum, so that should hopefully be fun for everyone. As for who is on the house hunting crew, I know myself, my mom, my mother-in-law, but I do know if mom 2 is also coming? Let me know, I already warned the realtor she would have contingecy of people. The only other thing we have been looking into is apartments. After making some phone calls yesterday, I am not sure that furnished living is the way to go. Mainly because most places require you to pay more for the furniture then they do for rent. So...we are still trying to work out what we are going to do. I am going to contact DFAS and see if they have any agreements or any suggestiongs for temporary housing. Of course, it would be nice if the house just sells, but always be prepared is this girl scouts motto! (Ok, I may have been a lousy girl scout, but I still want to be prepared!)

3 comments:

Alice said...

If you want me I'd love to go house hunting with you. Might be nice for you to have someone along who kind of knows the area.
Didn't know I was invited! LOL

Jenna said...

Gosh I wish I was going too! Then the realtor would be really overwhelmed (though I think three moms is probably enough without throwing in a friend too). It'll all work out. It always does.

Jenna said...

One more day of work after today!!


I love cupcakes

Heavy Reading for a One Year Old