Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year, New Hope

Ok, so I have gotten really bad about posting, but I promise, as part of my many, many new year resolutions to get better. Now that the holidays are over, it should be slightly easier.

As most of you know, I made a trip to Indy over the New Year's weekend. While we unfortunately had to attend a memorial for my friend Jenna's uncle, it made it a little easier in that the company kept during such service was good. I also got to see my mom and sister, which was nice. We got to spend alot of time in our jammies just talking. On New Year's Eve, Jenna and I drove back from Indy to Olathe. It was nice to spend some time with her and just talk. However, Tater was very upset that #1: I was not dad and I should not be driving the car and #2: Due to my things he did not have a large enough seat in the back. Admittedly, the tower of things on the right back passenger seat may have been a bit scarey. We made it to Kansas in decent time, to rescue Alex from James, who is a bit of handful right now. New Year's Eve was spent on the couch and in sweat pants. We only stayed up until the apple dropped in New York (11:00 central), but Jenna and I still managed to do some damage to a bottle of champagne.

I am looking forward to this New Year. The end of 2007 was a bit of trial and while it may be arbitrary date, the start of New Year always presents new hope in my mind.

Next Post... Christmas Pictures!

2 comments:

Alice said...

It was good to see you too.
And I'm waiting on pictures!

Jenna said...

You sound very lawyer-like (bit of a trial, arbitrary date!) :) It was good to get to spend that time together!


I love cupcakes

Heavy Reading for a One Year Old