Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I hope everyone is enjoying a nice memorial day weekend. The Porterfield family is currently hanging out at home, as it is raining outside. James and I are still in our pajamas and I'm quite content to stay that way for a while. The gray day is not so motivating. Plus, I have also decided that tomorrow I will start getting up with an alarm clock again. I have had a blissful four weeks without one (well if you don't count a "mama" alarm clock going off every morning around 6:50), but if I expect to be half way normal on my first day of work, that must come to an end.

We have had a nice weekend so far, on Saturday we went to the zoo! James absolutely loved it. His favorites were the lions and the gorilla. We even went for a camel ride! Here are some pictures from our zoo adventure.


Here is the camel ride.


This is about 3/4 around when James waved at his daddy and said "Hi Daddy, I ride a camel!"


James did enjoy the ride and thought it was pretty interesting.

Here are some of the animals we got to see.

An elephant enjoying a snack.


A gorilla eating a snack.



A lion eating leaves. Anyone see a theme here?


Finally, we finished up our trip to the zoo, by riding the carousel with Papa Larry. We of course rode the gorilla, because that was our favorite animal. This was actually James favorite animal last year as well.

After our successful trip to the zoo, we came home and all took a two hour nap. This rejuventated James, but Mommy and Daddy who had actually walked for almost 5 hours straight, were pretty much done for the day.

Yesterday brought errands and hanging out at home. It was actually 90 degrees outside, so we only played outside for a little bit, because James got so overheated so fast.

Again, I hope all of you are enjoying your long weekends.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

We're enjoying it here... I hope to have pictures of our project by the end of the day to post (hint, my hands are paint covered again).


I love cupcakes

Heavy Reading for a One Year Old