Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Painting is fun!

So, keeping a two year old busy for 8 hours is certainly not easy. Thankfully, there is nap time, but that leaves quite a bit time in between. Yesterday, after we went to Target and took a walk in the stroller (great exercise for me and James loves it), we still had an hour for a project before lunch time. I decided it was Art time, which James loves, and I discovered he truly loves painting. The paint he was using are just little hand held balls with paint already in it, just get the top a little wet and voila, instant painting, with no dipping a brush. I then gave James my large artist sketch pad and he went crazy for 40 minutes! Trust me, this is a long time to keep a 2 year old occupied. He does have his mother's love for the abstract. He also discovered that if banged the brush down that a big glob of paint comes out (my little Jackson Pollock). So, being the great mommy I am, I showed him how to spread it out with his hands. The end product was actually some really good paintings. However, the cuter picture was my little artist. I had him hold up his hands for this picture to get the full effect.



He also is really into the camera and wanted to take a picture of me and him, this was the end result of his photography talents.

3 comments:

Alice said...

So, takes time to entertain a two year old?? I'd never have thunk it! LOL
Try two of those, a 5 year old and keep one of the babies happy too! LOL
And there you have what My life was like when you were two! LOL

Jenna said...

What a budding artist! I love it! And yeah, how did my mom survive?? :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know how mom 2 did it, I knew it was not going to be easy, and am never ceased to be amazed.


I love cupcakes

Heavy Reading for a One Year Old